The birdhouse chime features two embossed birds perched above five miniature bird houses. The nine bells make sweeet sounds as the bird houses sway. The glass bead accents add a shimmer. This is a piece of art that can be used as statement wall art decor or a garden chime. Handmade by artisans at a family workshop in Behat, India, the metal working craft has been passed down from one generation to the next. The workshop was established in 1976 and employs the artisan family and well-trained artisans from the area.
- Type: Wall Art or Garden Chime.
- Colors: Gold Brass and multi-colored glass beads.
- Materials: Recycled Iron and glass.
- Lacquer finish, lead free.
- Dimensions: Approx. 22 inches from top to bottom and 13.5 inches wide.
- Cone Bells are approximately 1.5 inches tall and just under 1 inch at the base.
- Birdhouses are approximately 2 inches by 2 inches.
- Chains measure approximately 3 inches long.
Story Behind the Art:
The workshop buys sheets of scrap metal from dealers who collect it door-to-door. But don’t let that make you doubt the quality of their handicrafts; they ensure the scrap comes from acceptable material and transforms the trash into beautiful art. The artisans specialize in a particular type of finishing known as “Rasai”. This is when a layer of brass is added onto the wrought iron to give the products a rustic and crude appearance.
Due to the handmade nature, slight variations in size, color, shape, pattern, or other characteristics may be evident. Each piece is truly a unique work of art, lovingly crafted by hand.